Small fraction of the municipality of Gignese, Nocco rises almost at the top of a small hill of green forests and meadows. The village is to the West, however, face to most enjoy the sunlight. Only a brief depression divides his capital that para is a kilometre away: seamless now for new buildings and houses built during these years of tourist expansion. The name is made to derive a little imaginatively from the hazelnut tree, perhaps a longer spread and grown. No discovery supports remote origins of the country; but some in the high middle ages it was already formed, since the Bishop Litifredo (died 1151), in the presence of the Provost of Baveno, Giovanni, had consecrated the Church, dedicated to Saint Stephen (a). The population was spiritually by Graglia, whose parish was already attested in the mid-300 's. The present Church is a 16th-century building extensively restored later. In 1633 Nocco broke away from Gaspe forming a stand-alone parish. Inside the parish church cherishes a precious painting (marriage of the Virgin) of 16th-century workmanship. 
In 1759 he embarked on the construction of the Oratory of the Madonna di Loreto, now abandoned, near the cemetery (b). The name of one square, piazza Castello (c) suggested the presence of a fortification; most likely a House-Fort in large granite Ashlar stones, which you can see on the left of the square. The Charter aronese of the 13th century, remembered Inheritors Ricardi de Roncario, who paid a fee pro terra de Noco: confirming the mobility of people in an area still undergoing administrative reorganization. 

The history is a story of toil and hardship to survive. Its territory extends up to the Valley of annoys me or Erno, encompassing the morainic hill of Scincina and the Valley of the Agogna up to the springs at the Alpe Torona, on the Hill of the three Montagnette or Motta di Coiro. A long strip of land, therefore, to take advantage of pastures, Woods and springs, which were then the only wealth. For these lands, and for the transit of herds, there were numerous and endless quarrels with Gignese, also because of a fragile bridge on annoys me, overwhelmed by any enlarged Creek. In surveys for the Census of 1722, the picture drawn by the men of Nocco isn't very comforting, "land of the municipality of Them Noccho, what remains on the shore of a Rocky Mountain, are divided into several small pieces ... De ' fruits do not make to live three months of the year, so that each delli huomini was forced to leave the world to earn the vito, a way other than that two at home among all the commune '. Emigration is also remembered by Bertone in 1761 Bishop: «the people working the fields and vineyards; but many exercise itinerant trades: shoemakers and Leatherworkers, and tanning-skins». A few decades later, the prevailing activity became the ombrellaio. At the fork in the road outside the village was placed a granite column (e), with plaque of these vendors or ' lùsciàt ' as it was said in jargon ' tarùsc ': ' Dave ombrellaio country remembers his ' lùsciàt '». Among these emigrants played an important role, in particular, those with wisdom and determination were able to create reputable shops and factories, and of the wealth so accumulated made sharers in the hometown and the less fortunate countrymen. Goes place due emphasis on the restoration of these villages by businessmen and traders who returned to their homeland, ammodernavano homes, benefited from charitable institutions and public offices held with mindset ' town '. 
Depopulation of hilly countries was steady and inexorable, and interrupted only by the advent of mass tourism and the phenomenon of second home. This new wellness benefit in varying degrees a bit everyone, and thus also the appearance of the village is transforming. 
In 1958 the ' Nocchese ' Family released several terracotta Madonnine adorning the old houses, which are now upgraded to offer those comforts necessary for today's quality of life, both for the notable increase in the elderly
©dal Web by 

Best view 1024 X 768